Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Avatar boredom.

It has been a long time since I updated, but to prove I have not abandoned or forgotten this blog, here I am!

Not a lot has been going on that really makes interesting blogging (even if only interesting to me) lets see... busy? (check) ... tired? (check) ...doing what I can when I can? (check) ... working on a project or two? (check) ... having a hard time sitting still while I await changes? CHECK.

I am going through quite a nasty phase of avatar boredom/hate right now. Thooooouuuuuusands of lindens in clothes, and all I can do is find what is wrong with all of them. Thooooouuuuuusands of lindens in hair, nothing seems right, and nailing down a consistent color with tinting is a joke. Oddly it seems the things I was most dissatisfied with about a year ago are the things I am most content with now. Skin, and AO.

I love the concept of what I am in SL, but I have to tell you sometimes, I envy fauns, and Centaurs, and yes, even elves. I even sort of envy shape shifters, and yet can not commit to such. (How's that for Irony?) I think all the time "Wouldn't life be easier if I was just a Mermaid?" The answer for me is really no... because I would have to find *something* to bitch about... like my tail isn't swishy fishy enough or some shit.

I want Ancient Grecian hair that meets my standards, I am not going to get it. I want Ancient Grecian clothes that set me apart from togas and silks and are still good quality without being too fancy, I am not going to get them. This acceptance has lead to a certain blah. I have the Centaur companion, but we never have time to be close (in character and out) and relax together in SL.

It will pass, I'm sure. The mood will shift and I will go "hey, I have some good hair and shit in here!" (well maybe) good news is a friend found me a ride-able goat, so on linden pay day I am so THERE. You won't be able to get me off that damn goat! I do have an idea I am mulling over though, a personal social second life project if you will. Where I will (possibly) set out to do something very annoying and expensive, in a very classy, cheap way. In fact I am pretty sure I am going to do it. And I am going to do it well.

But anyway, and the need to *work* with Corinda's avatar is part of the reason why I am spending a bit more time in my other avatar. She's easy to dress, she's a true escape because she doesn't have responsibilities, and has quite a different personality to Corinda. ('course I am at a stopping point with her too, until Linden pay day which was put off because we had a grownup night IRL, which came out of my personal L fund. And was worth it!)

Not that I don't like my responsibilities... (I do!) but I think whether in Real Work or Second Life Work, we're all a bit saner with a bit of fun here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment