Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thoughts? (Re: Speed Rezzers)

From: Modular System's Blog
[Emerald] Concerning "SPEED REZZER" or similar gestures

Posted by: Phox on Apr 14, 2010
Tagged in: Untagged
Phox

It has recently come to our attention that there is fierce competition surrounding certain gestures which claim to "Speed up" your rez time by changing your draw distance incrementally.

While these gestures do cause objects near you to be rendered first, they also cause you to re-render the same objects, increasing network lag for you, and for everyone else in the sim with you.

Anyone selling or distributing these gestures and claiming ANY affiliation with Emerald is misrepresenting their product. We do not endorse any commercial products without prior approval.

You know what? honest to gods, I forget to use speed rezzer most of the time,  but when I do, objects from afar that I have already rezzed, rezz back in so quickly it's not like they were unrezzed at all.

I'm not techie when it comes to these things, and I guess I can see the theory behind this causing lag issues, but... where's the proof? Anyone know?

2 comments:

  1. lag issues... hehe... honestly, how can they tell?? SL is so damn laggy and slow these days anyway, textures take forever to load. Without the speed rezzer I would prolly quit shopping inworld altogether, that's mainly when I use it just so I can see stuff without having to wait endless amounts of time staring at grey vendors. It seems to work, I don't understand the hows and whys of most stuff, I just want it to work lool

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, p.s.WHEN are they gonna make an official statement on if they are getting on the approved list or not? Speed rezzer, who cares about that if Emerald becomes unuseable at the end of the month :0

    ReplyDelete