Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My mother made me wear clothes from fabric left over from the drapes! (and hair!)

or.. "Things that look more like greek clothes than any shit you find in SL"
Sheer! With colour! What a concept. Indeed. Not all Chitons were white, some had colour, and living in the mediteranian meant that the fabric was often thin!
This one even has the tied waist
OMG COLOUR!



By now, you get my point.  There are some great sculpties of curtains out there that would almost work... if wearing a big sculptie on my body wouldn't make me look like a total douche.  It is seriously depressing to me that the easiest garment into the world to make (no sewing involved) is the hardest to find in SL.




There are a lot of togas, even some good ones I think I own almost all of them, but I only wear a few.  Maybe I can get some curtain textures with swags, and tinker.

I'm like that with hair too, I have so much hair but I really only wear a few of them because the Greek hair is not good and the good hair is not Greek. (Yes. I am obsessed, mkay?)  but I did find one I kinda like...


*TRUTH Hair* Leona


So not the Greek-y hair I sort of lust for,  but it is a little Pre Raphaelite... which almost counts, right?  So anyway, I got the demo... and of course I took some pictures.
Korinda takes pictures like Forrest Gump.

It's nice... but is it her?  Con: it covers up the bark swatch on my face, but I can fix that by mirroring my face texture.   I like how it is sort of pretty and messy at the same time. And long bangs are better than most bangs.  But is it really her?  Will I buy this hair, and then leave it in my inventory because it is too glamorous and not earthy enough?

Lately I have been entertaining the idea of flesh toned faun ears (might be a little more accurate than elf ears...) and sometimes I wonder if I should just give up the ghost on trying to tint plum hair, and go brown.  But, that would be compromising, wouldn't it?

(edit)  or oooh, what if I went black with plum highlights on certain strands? oooh...

2 comments:

  1. I'm workin' on it, Corinda..... I am about half way finished with a "chiton" project on Photoshop, but keep running into problems with the shadowing/draping... man, that is NOT an easy thing! LOL! I keep bringing the patterns inworld, and trying the on Siddhana, but just can't seem to get it right, YET! You will get the first copy, soon as there IS one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding the hair, I like the way it looks! I don't think it's too glamourous at all. It's just long hair that's tied in a couple places, pretty simple! I also like the stray strands, that's one thing I love about my hair too.One con, though, about hair this long is that there's a much greater chance that it will go through your body when your head looks down, for instance. Of course, that's just a fact of Second Life and I think everyone is ready to forgive it. It's just one thing that mildly irks me, personally.

    ReplyDelete