Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day (IC = Korinda)

I've traveled parts of the world, here and there, but never very far north. So I have never been to this place called "I are land," but as I hear it can get quite cold there, it made sense that people were apparently wearing green.

Told to wear green as I was, I donned my new togs that Neri gave me (I gave her a matching set, we're a little odd that way) as Eacen set about to prepare a little celebration. He, being a little more world wise than I, seemed to know what he was doing. He said this was the sort of day one celebrated in a Pub, but since we did not have a pub, our Tavern in Brenn would have to do.

I took my self to go see Clover, who was unsurprisingly in her kitchen. She had told me on more than one occasion about "I are land" and as she knows all about it, I suspect she comes from up that way. In any event, she had just what I needed to feed the guests in the traditional way.

By the time I returned, the place looked as if a leprechaun had been about vomiting up clovers and rainbows, but Eacen assured me that such tacky decorations are actually bastard traditions in some parts of the world. Who knew? It hardly mattered to me, I'm a very simple nymph, alcohol and loud music to dance to is really all I need to be happy.

And I was very happy. A great number of people turned up, new friends and old alike, I'd never had boiled bacon before, (I hope it comes out of my new clothes) I skipped the green beer and washed my dinner down with more bottles of Clover wine than I should admit to. So much so that I ended up dancing on the table near the horses (yes, the horses were dancing... at least, I think they were.) and by the end of the evening, I could barely hold my eyelids up, much less myself!

St. Patrick's Day 2010 (Corinda)

It's a good thing I have someone to hold me up, given the way I get at a good revel. And it's an even better thing...

St. Patrick's Day 2010 (Eacen)

That he doesn't seem to mind.

All in all, at the end of the day... I don't know where the "I are land"ers are, but they can throw a good party of which any Maenad would approve.

1 comment:

  1. No, no, see, it's not "I are"; it's "ire", as in wrath.Thanks for the patronage and for the pluggage!

    ReplyDelete