Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's not easy being short in Second Life

I exist in a world where 5'10" is considered an acceptable height for model, and then I exist in another world where 5'10" (My avatar's height according to several measuring devices) is down right shrimp-y.

Second Life is just not made for short people. Earlier, when working on my new IC work tools, I realized my feet did not reach an important element needed to operate the device. Kisses never line up, When I dance with my husband I float several feet off of the ground. My four-year-old... comes up to my elbow.

So it makes even less sense that I am married to a big ol' Centaur Blacksmith, one would think. I mean, look at our scale difference.

He's taller than me.

But, I kinda love that. I like a big strong guy. Broad shoulders, and tall enough to give me a neck cramp. I like a man who works hard... woof woof.

he's mocking me.
Until he mocks me with the Lolipop kid song and dance.

But I have to tell you, I do love being a short avatar despite of all the drawbacks, I like it since I try to be somewhat authentic with Hellenic women (who nymphs were modeled after, after all in fact I'd be a little chubbier if Prim skirts didn't make one's life hell.) I specifically enjoy having short legs... I like a shapely leg, not a sticky one... and I find that even average length legs in SL look like chop sticks.

I like to be unique. That's all. Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment