Friday, January 22, 2010

.... and another thing

Odd how a crucial part of what you want to say can be completely left out once the momentum of words and typing picks up.  There is something small I meant to say all along in my post from yesterday, about alts.  It was only when I read comments (Mwah!) and re-read the post that I realized I left out something small I meant to say.
"And if I walked around saying "Psst... it's me,  Corinda! lolz" I would be taking away from my own experience. :)  This defeats the purpose.  My closest friends are also on both of my friend's lists, so I can always be reached if I need to be."
I also meant to say that while I do not go around advertising one of my avatar's connection to the other in world, I don't hide it either. :p  Obviously, by talking about it here, and having pictures from both SLs in my flickr.  I probably didn't need to state that, but decided to anyway.

I also forgot to include an alt that is *sort* of an alt for me, but really more like an accessory, and not exactly *my* Alt.  Avry Taurus, was created at a time when we thought it was pretty unrealistic for us to find a possitive parenting situation in Second Life.  Had we known Neria, (the ideal child, really.) was coming along he never would have been made.  Avry, is not always me or Eacen though...  I have a Real life child to whom he really belongs.  But RL kids lose interest in things quickly. Thus, Avry is used when he is needed by who is available.  So for me he doesn't count as an "alt" as such in my opinion.  But even if he did, who cares? It doesn't hurt anyone and it is all in good fun.

So far, this entry utterly lacks grace and is not much more than clumsy explanations.  While Master Teleny made an excellent entry in his own blog about Alts, more specifically, when Gender changes.  You can check it out here (and should! Do eeet now!)

I have my own thoughts to ramble about one day, about genders and avatars, alts or otherwise.  But I am having a hard time putting it into words. (Not that it is a delicate issue for me... I'm all for it. I guess I want to find the right ways to say Male or Female, Real Life or Second Life matters not, as long as you aren't hurting anyone, and being respectful.  More on that another time when I can wax properly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment